Wednesday, November 28, 2007

sigh of relief

Well, life's good now. Things got a little worse before they got better. My ipod was stolen at work the day after Thanksgiving. The thing is, I didn't even freak out about it. I'm okay. I can afford to buy another one. Go me. (Although, wouldn't it have been nice to put that 250 bucks towards something else, like a phone that doesn't look like it's from the 80s, or perhaps Christmas presents?! Sigh. Anyway. Moving on.)

Good Things That Have Happened Lately:

1. Nicer customers.
2. Better tipping customers.
3. Everything at work seems so EASY now compared to that one hellish day.
4. I'm getting to know some of my coworkers, and I like them a lot. They seem to like me okay too.
5. I saw Enchanted. I can't profess enough love for this movie. It's the best I've seen in a long time. This movie is beautiful, charming, inspiring, just altogether fantastic. It's getting rave reviews across the board, especially for the endearing lead "princess" Amy Adams. I walked out of the movie theatre feeling so optimistic and excited about life. And that feeling hasn't really left since. I've been walking around giggling, singing, enjoying the weather, smiling at frowny people. Yeah, I'm probably annoying as hell, but I don't care one iota!
6. I did laundry. FINALLY. Whew. That's such a relief.

Unfortunately, I am still a little sick. It doesn't seem to want to leave. I think all the sickness that exists in New York City attacked me and my immune system is all frantic like, "whoa! What are these new germs? These aren't the germs down in Texas." I've been fighting it with everything you could possibly imagine: Mucinex, Airborne, Emergen-C, tea, water, Echinogea, Zicam, extra sleep, you name it I've tried it. I'm giving it my all. I WILL kick this thing.

1 comment:

Grace Walton said...

It was so good to talk to you the other day. I will go see the movie as soon as I can. Ojala que tu mejores! I hope you feel well soon! Love from Spain.