Saturday, October 27, 2007

work work work



Okay now. I am absolutely exhausted. After spending hours "job hunting" on Craigslist (also known as "procrastinating"), and then subwaying my way all over Manhattan, I finally got a hostess job. On Times Square, where I wanted to be. However, it's a night job. I get there at 5PM, and don't leave until 1 or 2 in the morning, which means I don't get back home until 3. I need some night to myself! I love my nights. And half my coworkers are Italian, and the other half are Russian. I can't understand a thing that comes out of their mouths. And how am I supposed to memorize 20 names like "Yowanho" and "Jugme"?

However...everyone is really nice. It's a fun job. They are all guys, and they all keep asking me if I'm married. They like me. They might just be trying to become American citizens, I don't know. But they sneak me free cookies and cheesecake all the time.

3 comments:

Grace Walton said...

This is so great, you have a job. Sorry I can't use punctuation but I can't figure out these damn spanish computers. Well exclamation point. I will call you soon and here more about all this first hand. But way to go friend I am so happy for you. excalamation point.

Anonymous said...

Mikah!!! I am so glad you got a job...and in Time Square...WOW!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of everything!
Brandi

Lara said...

Roxy!! I love that place!! Remember when we ate there after a broadway show our freshman year of high school?! Oh the memories... =)