Tuesday, October 23, 2007

music randomness

A couple of things I thought you should all know:

1) I didn't bring my musicals here. That's right. My 5 big briefcases of music are at home in Stephenville. I have all my regular music here on my ipod, but no musicals. And I'm not missing them one bit.

2) It's like ipod heaven here. Everyone who's anyone wears an ipod everywhere.

3) I had to buy an alarm clock, so I convinced myself that an iHome is a good investment. Ha. But I love it. If you don't know what an iHome is, it's an alarm clock that plays your ipod as the alarm. And it charges it. It's pretty darn cool, and pretty much a waste of money.

4) A list: Songs I Love Right Now That Everyone Else Should Too:

friday i'm in love - the cure
anna begins - counting crows
little plastic castles - ani difranco
your untouchable face - ani difranco
dead end - the format
dog problems - the format
i want you - elvis costello
morningside - sara bareilles
so unsexy - alanis morrisette
boats and birds - gregory and the hawk
manifest destiny - guster
you know i'm no good - amy winehouse
i hope that i don't fall in love with you - tom waits
the nature anthem - grandaddy
mona lisas and madhatters - elton john

A long list but do yourself a favor and give them all a try. Some poppy and light, some achingly beautiful. All perfect for walking the streets of New York (or, you know, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Spain, or Stephenville).

1 comment:

Grace Walton said...

Mikah I am so shocked. What's wrong with you. I can't believe my eyes. You left your musicals at home. I guess I'm happy for you to listen to regular music but I'm not sure you are the same Mikah I know. You sound more, like me. Not that that's a bad thing.