Monday, December 31, 2007

personality

I've been thinking about this lately. Why do I like to blog? I said I started so I could keep in touch with friends, but that hasn't really been the case. Blogging is actually kind of useless. So why continue? I have a couple of theories.

One reason I blog: I like to write.

Another reason I blog: To help keep my mind in order. I am, by nature, a mess. Scatterbrained, unorganized, whatever you want to call it. Writing down my thoughts helps me put everything together.

And the main reason I blog: I adore talking about myself! I used to feel very guilty about this, but now I just revel in it. I can't help that I find myself fascinating. But I also find all other people fascinating. I love learning about what makes people tick.

And on that note...I want to talk about the Meyers-Briggs personality test! I love it. It's like reading your horoscope profile, but actually based in some kind of reality.

I am an ENFP. Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving. I think. I've taken a million of these tests, and they all come out saying that, but it's always a close race between introvert and extrovert. The ENFP is a "Champion Idealist." It's almost scary how well it describes me. Short attention span, no eye for detail, restless, and check this out: "ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked." I really think that hits the nail right on the head. Here's a short but sweet summary. What do you guys think? I know that some of it describes what how I want to be seen and not how I really am, but some of it really does fit me perfectly.

If you don't know your type and want to take the test, here's a decent one. And here's another. Let me know what you are! It might explain why we get along so well. Or why we clash. :) Fun, right?

currently reading: don't know much about history by kenneth c. davis
currently listening to: les demoiselles de rochefort soundtrack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikah!!!! I am ENFJ!
Love ya
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Mikah,

I tried to take the personality test and I had an anxiety attack. Brandi and Anna had to calm me down and take the computer from me. Sorry. I tried.

Lou