Tuesday, December 11, 2007

yum

I had a really fantastic weekend. Andrea came into town! So along with Paul, we had some adventures and spent a ton of money. We went to Macy's. I hadn't been yet. It's absolutely amazing. I didn't know a department store could have three Starbucks in it. We saw two musicals (Legally Blonde and Xanadu). Paul showed us lots of "hole in the wall" restaurants that "locals" eat at. And if that weren't enough...we discovered heaven in the form of chocolate! MAX'S...oh my god. Andrea and I were trying to find a place to eat without Paul's help. We were wandering around Union Square and just happened to stumble into this random place. It turned out to be a restaurant with a (drum roll, please...) CHOCOLATE BAR. They had the best chocolate I've ever had. We had an appetizer of chocolate (free samples), then regular food (which was also wonderful), and then a huge serving of fondu for dessert. The fondu came with bananas, strawberries, marshmallows we got to roast, ice cream, whip cream, candy, a chocolate shot, and to stop it all off, pop rocks! Doesn't that sound miraculous? It was. We couldn't believe our luck. It's my new favorite place.

It was so nice to have an excuse to eat out, shop, and do the fun things I haven't really allowed myself to do since I've been in New York. So many thanks to Andrea!

1 comment:

Lara said...

awww!! Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Wish I could have been there with you... =(

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to afford a plane ticket up there to see you!

-Lara

P.S. how do I link you to my page?? I'm blogger-challenged