Tuesday, March 11, 2008

mikah the composer

A recent blog by one of my college friends brought back a memory that makes me smile.

When I was in 2nd grade, Andrea and I were going to start a band. It was going to be called "BFF: Best Friends Forever." I remember parts of our first song. "The grass is green, the sky is blue. You like me, and I like you." So simple! Is that really how simple life was back then? Or were we just trying to put together any words that rhyme? I'm guessing a little of both. :)

The rest of the lyrics were various phrases like..."the dolphins swim", "the birds fly", and my personal favorite: "the ladybugs crawl." I don't really remember the rest: maybe she does? But we would dance around on the Chamberlin school playground coming up with this "song." The song had a tune that wasn't very melodic and changed almost every day, but still, we just knew it was going to make us famous.

In a way, I'm still this idealistic and naive. I still have this [sometimes ridiculous] hope for all these many projects I start. I still think that someday in the future something miraculously wonderful is going to happen to me. The difference is that now things get so complicated. When I focus on the future I see a lot of obstacles and hoops to jump through. Sometimes it all gets so complicated that I just want to go back to skipping around on the playground singing nonsensical rhymes.

2 comments:

Pretty in Manhattan said...

So cute. Very true though!! I remember starting a band. We were called The Melodramatics!!! It was composed of 3 people...me, my boyfriend at the time Russell, and Matthew. I have the funniest picture of us..with the mic, the guitar and Matthew with his mini keyboard!! WHAT WERE WE THINKING??

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.