Saturday, January 12, 2008

all or nothing

So sometimes I'm incredibly inspired and sometimes I'm so lazy and I just sit on my butt all day. I hate when I do that. It's always all or nothing with me. With everything. I get so excited about things, and start so many projects, but then never finish them. I can't follow through. It's like I use all my energy up on being excited at the start and then I have nothing left. Frustrating.

I have so many big ideas about this new year, so many things I want to accomplish. The problem is that they all seem to be linked together. It seems to me like I can't do one without the other. Like, I want to start going on auditions, but to do that I feel like I need to get in shape, start taking classes, go to the dermatologist, and get new headshots. Okay.. But I can't get new headshots without going to the dermatologist, getting my hair done, and getting in shape first! And I shouldn't really go the gym until I completely get rid of this sick thing I have that doesn't seem to be going away. And I don't want to start taking classes until I'm well, my skin is better, and I'm in shape. And on top of all that, everything I need to do costs a ton of money and I need to space it all out to save. It's like a never ending puzzle. I can't figure out what I need to start with, so I'm sitting in limbo, waiting for something to happen to me. Why can't I just suck it up and jump in?

Probably the gym would be a good starting point. But...yuck.
I should use my "all or nothingness" on the gym. Maybe I could get myself addicted to exercise. Now THAT would be a good phase to go through.

No comments: